The size guide is for suggestion only, sizes my vary due to last shapes and fittings.
True English shoe sizes tend to be on the larger side. If you've never owned a pair of English made shoes before it is common to go down half a size. Please take this into consideration when purchasing your shoes.
We have a wide variety of width fittings at The British Shoe Company ranging from "D" fit to "GX" fit. Here is a simple guide to help you find the shoe width best suited for you.
- “D” fitting which is the slimmest fitting we make for our website, this fitting is for Women's shoe.
- “E” fitting is a slight bit slimmer than an “F”. If you were to wear an extra pair of socks with an “F” fitting, it would be as snug as an “E”.
- "F" fitting is standard fit and runs true to size, we suggest ordering your normal UK shoe size.
- "FX" fitting is slightly wider than the standard "F" fit.
- "G” fitting is our wide fitting therefore people drop either a half or full UK shoe size dependent on how naturally wide their foot is.
- "GX" fitting is our widest fitting and will accommodate those with naturally very wide feet.